1622 m
  • Prominence 693 m
  • Location: Trollheimen, Norway
  • Location: North 62.78538, East 009.04235 (GPS on the summit)
  • Climbed May 7. 2021.


How to get there:
From Oppdal (located on E-6), take Hwy. 70 towards Sunndalsøra. Shortly after the start of descent (into the valley), turn right at Lønset, signed for Storli. Drive until the end of the road at Storli where there is a large parking. Pay NOK 50 for parking (2021), this location is N62.69286, E9.0954, elevation about 623 meter.
From the parking, head directly up the hill, ski tracks should show you the best route. At elevation 950 meter (roughly), the tracks move more left in order to enter the valley. Beware that most tracks will ascend the south ridge of Storbekkhøa, while this route just proceeds north in the valley running on the east side of the Storbekkhøa ridge. Continue to the col at N62.73341, E009.10069, elevation about 1225 meter. From here, you will see Neådalssnota. Descend to lake Namnlausvatnet, 1085m, then continue slightly more north-west as you descend the slope above lake 858m. Contour around, staying above 900 meter to reach the lower part of the valley that extends uphill directly towards Neådalssnota. Ski to the upper part of the bowl, then ascend slightly more steeply to your right (east). Continue until you are on the south-east ridge. Follow this back into the south face near 1430 meter of elevation, then complete your ascent to the big cairn at the summmit.
I stayed at Bårdsgarden DNT lodging, arriving from Trondheim the evening before. Got up at 0500, breakfast and cleaning out, a very short drive to the trailhead. I was ready to ski by 0550. The sun was shining from a crystal clear, blue sky and the temperature was around -10 C.
The first hill is steep, but easy to follow tracks. Once above tree-line, almost all tracks headed for Storbekkhøa, an easier goal. The final descent after the Namnlaus lake (lake without a name), was somewhat rough, the crust was pretty hard due to the overnight freezing. I continued up the valley and arrived at the steeper slopes around 0920.
I carried crampons in my backback and the crust was still hard enough to support walking. I certainly could have continued on skis, but decided that a change (I had not used crampons for about 2 years!) would be nice. Thus, I continued up the last 450 vertical meter on foot. Arriving at the summit shortly before 1030, the weather was still near perfect. Impressive views all around! A good rest was called for, a very nice location - it was just mandatory to hang around for a while.
I finally left around 1100. The return trip was uneventful. Back at the car around 1410.
Since the day was still long, I decided to drive back to Bergen, provided that I could cross the Sognefjellet with summer tyres. This worked well and I was home by 2200. A nice 2 week trip, skiing 10 summits had come to its conclusion.