• Hemningsfjellet
  • 650 m
  • Primary factor 192 m
  • Location: North 60.72833, East 005.51846 (GPS at the summit).
  • Masfjorden, Norway
  • Difficulty, YDS class 2
  • Climbed on November 10. 2020


How to get there:
Drive E-39 north from Bergen. Immediately after exiting the long Eikefet tunnel, turn left onto a road (signed for Eikemo) that really looks as if it just entering an industrial site. Cross a bridge and drive through a gate, then shortly before the next bridge, find parking on your right side, there is space for 3 cars. This location is N60.70933, E005.53938, elevation about 55 meter.
Route description:
Walk a few meter along the road, you will easily see the trail starting out on the left side of the road (before a fence.). The trail runs up the valley the river stays on the right hand side. Higher up, the trail crosses the river on a good bridge. Next, you arrive at the first summer farm area. Cross over a small hill, as you pass on the left side of a red cabin. As you descend slightly and cross a minor creek, observe that the trail bends left in order to acess the main valley, then continue along having the river on the left hand side.
You will soon arrive at the mountain farm Eikemosætra. From here, head directly uphill. It is not very hard to find a way up a bit to the left of the small stream coming down from the mountain. Once you reach the more gentle plateau, head north, passing between several small ponds, to the highest point located near the north slope of the mountain. There is no cairn on this summit.
I started out at 1145 and walked to the first mountain farm. Here, I lost the trail as I continued directly uphill. This still worked reasonably ok and I ascended the main slope of the mountain somewhat south of the intended route. I made the summit at 1320. Very nice views all around. I noted Båtvassfjellet as well as Gråsida, peaks that will be visited in the near future. After 15 minutes, I started my return hike and decided to pay a visit to the Eikemosætra farm house.
The trip continued along the trail, following the river, then joining with my upward route near the small cabin I had passed on my way up. The remaining hike was easy and I came back to my car at 1500.