Unique among Java tutorials, A Programmer’s Guide to Java® SE 8 Oracle Certified Associate (OCA): A Comprehensive Primer combines an integrated, expert introduction to Java SE 8 with comprehensive coverage of Oracle’s new Java SE 8 OCA exam 1Z0-808.
Based on Mughal and Rasmussen’s highly regarded guide to the original SCJP Certification, this streamlined volume has been thoroughly revised to reflect major changes in the new Java SE 8 OCA exam. It features an increased focus on analyzing code scenarios and not just individual language constructs, and each exam objective is thoroughly addressed, reflecting the latest Java SE 8 features, API classes, and best practices for effective programming.
This book is written for any experienced programmer (with or without previous knowledge of Java) interested in mastering the Java programming language and passing the OCAJP8 exam.Other features include:
- Summaries that clearly state what topics to read for each objective of the Java SE 8 OCA exam
- Dozens of exam-relevant review questions with annotated answers
- Programming exercises and solutions to put theory into practice
- A mock exam with new questions to find out if you are ready to take the offical exam
- An introduction to essential concepts in object-oriented programming (OOP) and functional-style programming
- In-depth coverage of declarations, access control, operators, flow control, OOP techniques, lambda expressions, key API classes, and more
- Program output demonstrating expected results from complete Java programs
- Advice on avoiding common pitfalls in writing Java code and taking the certification exam
- Extensive use of UML (Unified Modeling Language) for illustration purposes
Publication details about the book can be found here.
We also have a web site for the third edition of the book covering SCJP 6.