(Last update: $Date$)
- Ars Magica, 4th edition [AM4] (Hans Georg, Ketil, Ingrid)
- Ars Magica, 3rd edition [AM3] (Hans Georg, Ketil, Jardar)
Fourth edition supplements
Rules and Setting
These supplements can (mostly) be read by everyone without
spoiling the story.
- Hedge Magic [HM] (Hans Georg)
This is a good book, but I will not allow Mystic Companions
for the time being. The virtues and flaws are OK, though,
and NPC hedge wizards are fine.
- Medieval Tapestry [MT] (Hans Georg)
A collection of character descriptions. A lot of good ideas for
- Kaballah [Kab] (Hans Georg)
Jewish magic. Ketil has read a lot.
- Wizard's Grimoire, revised edition [WGRE] (Hans Georg)
I consider most of this as canon, but spell levels should
be compared with the core rule guidelines, especially
for the faerie spells.
- The Medieval Bestiary: Revised Edition (Hans Georg)
- The Mysteries (Hans Georg)
Variants and Secret Societies with Hermes
- Ordo Nobilis. Mythic Europe's Nobility (Hans Georg)
- Parma Fabula (Hans Georg)
Storyguide's screen and a booklet of ideas.
These supplements have not been used in our saga, and AFAIK
noone has even read them. When read, it will be indicated
in each entry.
- Return of the Stormrider [RS] (Hans Georg)
- The Fallen Angel [FA] (Hans Georg)
- Festival of the Damned (Hans Georg)
- (Hans Georg)
Tribunals and Areas
- The Dragon and the Bear: The Novgorod Tribunal [Nov] (Hans Georg)
- Ultima Thule: Mythic Scandinavia [Thule] (Hans Georg)
- Heirs to Merlin: The Stonehenge Tribunal [Merlin] (Hans Georg)
- Triamore: The Covenant at Lucien's Folly [Tri] (Hans Georg)
These books are good and I consider them canonical for the saga.
- Houses of Hermes [HoH] (Hans Georg, Magnus [Ketil])
Any magus player should read the chapter on his own house.
- Order of Hermes [OoH] (Reidar [Hans Georg])
Much of the contents is incorporated in [HoH] and [WGRE].
- Pact of Pasaquine [PP] (Hans Georg)
Hans Georg has read significant parts of it, and is planning
to run it in the saga.
- Deadly Legacy (Hans Georg)
- A midsummernight's dream (Hans Georg)
Tribunals and Areas
- The Tribunals of Hermes: Iberia [Ib] (Hans Georg, Magnus [Ketil])
I like the description of the Barcelona covenant, and there
is some interesting historical info. The book is generally
soaked with demons, and can only be used with some care from
the SG. Also several players has read most the book.
- The Tribunals of Hermes: Rome [Rom] (Jardar ?)
- Lion of the North; The Loch Leglean Tribunal (Hans Georg)
- The Hidden Paths: Shamans (Hans Georg)
I prefer the Spirit Master rules in [HM], but the Shaman rules
could be used for powerful hedge wizards on the fringes
of Europe -- at least as inspiration.
- Pax Dei (Hans Georg)
Gives a lot of power to priests and other people of the church --
too much power. Some of it may be used with a lot of care from
- Faeries [Fay] (Hans Georg)
Contains a couple of short stories.
Hans Georg has read some of them, and Ketil has played a few.
- Medieval Bestiary [MB] (Hans Georg)
- Medieval Handbook (Hans Georg)
- Mistridge (Hans Georg)
- Mythic Places [MyP] (Hans Georg)
Contains descriptions of places in Mythic Europe, with story
seeds. Some of the places are read by Hans Georg, others are
free to be read by potential storyguides.
- More Mythic Places [MMyP] (Hans Georg)
Hans Georg /